Certain herbs always
match with sacrifices from
Wales or New Zealand
LAMB RUB is the perfect compliment to a leg, or shoulder of lamb. We have created the perfect, aromatic blend for your roasted dish. Mint has long been the go to herb for lamb, and we have blended it with rosemary, garlic, onion, and black pepper. It can also be used for roasted orange vegetables like squash or carrots.
It makes a wonderful paste when blended with some extra virgin olive oil and salt. If you choose to add a touch of lemon zest, then it has an extra zing of fresh citrus which is welcome any flavourful meat.
Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Minty Lamb Rub
- Mix together 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, zest, and Lamb Rub.
- Tie the lamb shoulder and rub generously with spice & salt mixture. Let it sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place in a roasting pan, cover with foil and roast in a preheated 375º/400º oven for 1 hour, then remove the foil and place on top of the potatoes and onions and roast for another 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and potatoes, toss with olive oil, and salt. Place in a roasting pan - roast for 45 minutes before being topped with the lamb.
- Removed from the oven and let the lamb sit for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with steamed green beans and/or carrots , and the roasted onions & potatoes.
*Tip- 20 minutes per pound for medium rare – 30 minutes for medium well.