Spanish Cold Tomato Soup (Vegan Gazpacho Andaluz) July 06 2020, 0 Comments
- 6 large Fresh Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Small Shallot or Onion - optional
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tsp Sherry Vinegar - you may use plain or any other variety
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of Water
- Cut the tomatoes in half and grate them - discard the skins.
- Add the grated tomatoes in a blender along with chopped cucumber, garlic, shallot, vinegar and pulse to form a smooth consistency.
- Add chickpeas, olive oil, salt, pepper and pulse till it gets mixed and smooth.
- Strain the soup into a jar or large pan.
- Store in fridge for chilling further or transfer to serving glasses, decorate with cheese and cilantro.
- Serve Fresh or Chilled.