Orange Blossom Cake January 29 2021, 0 Comments
For the bundt cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange rind
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Whip the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (oil, milk, vanilla, orange rind).
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt).
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the egg/sugar mixture and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients, again mixing on low until just incorporated.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 40-45 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the glaze (except the powdered sugar) in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- With the cake still in the pan, pour half of the glaze (about 1/2 cup) over it.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan before removing it.
- Add the powdered sugar to the remaining glaze and drizzle over the cooled cake.