For the bundt cake:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup orange olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp orange rind
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
For the glaze:
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp orange blossom extract ( orange extract in a pinch)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Whip the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (oil, milk, vanilla, orange rind).
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt).
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the egg/sugar mixture and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients, again mixing on low until just incorporated.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 40-45 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the glaze (except the powdered sugar) in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- With the cake still in the pan, pour half of the glaze (about 1/2 cup) over it.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan before removing it.
- Add the powdered sugar to the remaining glaze and drizzle over the cooled cake.