- 120 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 golden shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 500 gm piece of smoked trout, coarsely flaked (skin and bones discarded)
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- 120 gm crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp pouring cream
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- To serve: toasted baguette and cornichons
Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, pour off two-thirds into a bowl and set aside. Add shallot, garlic and rind to butter in pan and sauté until tender (2-3 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, add trout and cayenne, mix lightly to combine and season to taste.
Whisk crème fraîche, cream and juice in a separate bowl to combine, gently stir into trout mixture with herbs, then season to taste. Spoon into jars or ramekins, pour over enough reserved melted butter to cover with a thin layer and freeze until just set (5-10 minutes), then refrigerate until required. Serve with toasted baguette and cornichons.
Crab Dip is also great on a seacuterie board
Comments will be approved before showing up.