Serves 6- 8 people
2.25 kg boneless lamb shoulder* ( approximately 5 lbs)
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 kg Potatoes ( approx. 4 lbs)
3 yellow onions
Zest of 1/2 lemon
3 tsp Kosher Salt
4 - 6 Tbsp Lamb Rub
- Mix together 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, zest, and Lamb Rub.
- Tie the lamb shoulder and rub generously with spice & salt mixture. Let it sit for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place in a roasting pan, cover with foil and roast in a preheated 375º/400º oven for 1 hour, then remove the foil and place on top of the potatoes and onions and roast for another 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and potatoes, toss with olive oil, and salt. Place in a roasting pan - roast for 45 minutes before being topped with the lamb.
- Removed from the oven and let the lamb sit for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with steamed green beans and/or carrots , and the roasted onions & potatoes.
*Tip- 20 minutes per pound for medium rare – 30 minutes for medium well.
Other Lamb Recipes:
Tagine - Lamb and Prunes