Few Saffron Strands
3 Cardamom Pods/Seeds
2 Cups of Double Cream (Whipping Cream)
4 Egg Yolks
¼ Cup Sugar
1.To begin with the Saffron Cardamom Crème Brulee recipe first, break open and the cardamom pods lightly.
2. Now take a saucepan and place it on the stove over medium heat and add cream, saffron strands, and cardamom.
3. Heat the cream until little bubbles are forming around the edges
4. Take it off the heat and wait for 30 minutes and heat the cream again. Once the little bubbles start to form, take it off the stove and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
5. For the next step separate the egg yolks and keep them aside. In a deep bowl add the egg yolks, sugar and the cream mixture. Keep beating it till you get a good consistency.
6. Pour the liquid into creme brulée ramekins. Place the ramekins in a roasting or baking pan. Add water to the pan till it reaches the crème brulee level.
7. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes. After removing it from the oven let it sit for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for some time until it is fully set.
8. Before serving, dust the tops with raw sugar and burn the sugar going slowly from spot to spot with a torch.