- 2 cups cooked rice (warm)
- 1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp spring onion (finely chopped)
- pinch of white pepper
- white and black sesame for coating
- oil for frying
- Combine rice, soy sauce, mirin, flour, spring onion and pepper and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 10 equal portions and roll into balls. Flatten each rice ball slightly to form rice cakes. Sprinkle both sides with white or black sesame.
- Fry rice patties in hot oil over medium heat until golden brown.