1 medium bharta baingan or large aubergine
1 tbsp chopped onion
2 garlic cloves- made into paste with ginger
1/2 piece of ginger- made into paste with garlic
1/4 tsp adjwain
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Turn oven in to broil, position wrack to upper middle of oven.
- Wash and dry aubergine
- Cut aubergine in half lengthwise, place skin side up on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment
- Roast aubergine for about 30 minutes, until the skin blisters and the inside is soft. Prick the skin with a knife, there should be no resistance
- Remove from oven, cool.
- Peel off the skin, and finely chop the flesh
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat; add adjwain seeds, fry for about 10 seconds
- Add the onion, garlic-ginger paste and sauce until onions are translucent
- Add cayenne and stir
- Salute on low heat for 5 minutes
- Serve warm
Comments will be approved before showing up.