You may use chicken or turkey for the delicious soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 4 teaspoons madras curry powder
- 4 cups of turkey or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup raw white rice
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (may add more to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey meat
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Yogurt for garnish
- Chopped chives for garnish
Heat olive oil and add the onions, celery, carrots, and a pinch of salt.
Lower the heat and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the curry powder and mix it well. Stir for around 1 - 2 minutes - it will smell fantastic.
Add bay leaves, stock, and rice and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the apple and cook for 10 more minutes.
Add the cooked turkey or chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes, then stir in the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with yogurt and fresh herbs.
Comments will be approved before showing up.