For the Cookie
zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup butter
½ cup sugar
1Tbsp White Lemon Balsamic
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp milk
¾ cup flour
pinch of salt
For the Creamy Filling
The cream from 1 can of coconut milk*
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
zest of ½ a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- In a bowl stir the vinegar into the baking soda (it WILL bubble up).
- With an electric mixer cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Then add the egg and the vinegar mixture on low speed.
- Blend until well combined.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and pipe the mixture in small rounds ( 25 cents).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and let cool.
- Mix together everything for the creamy filling until it forms stiff peaks.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag.
- Only fill the cookies when you are ready to serve. Fill one cookie with cream and top it with another cookie!
*To separate the cream from the coconut milk, you must place the can in the fridge for minimum 8 hrs.