Super Simple Rose Vanilla Pudding! October 10 2020, 0 Comments
1/2 cup (105 g) rose sugar
1/4 cup (35 g) cornstarch
2 egg yolks
2 cups (500 ml) milk
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsalted butter, diced
- In a saucepan off the heat, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and cup (60 ml) of the milk and, when smooth, add the remaining milk and the vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Pass through a sieve to remove any lumps, if needed.
- Stir in the butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Let cool, then refrigerate for 6 hours or until set and chilled.
- When ready to serve, gently stir with a spatula until softened.